Sunday 11 November 2012

Olay Pro X Cleansing System

The Olay Pro X Cleansing System is not a new product, in fact it has been on the market for years. I came across it when i was reading about the Clarisonic Skin Cleansing System. Both clean with a circular motion that gently removes impurities out of our pores and remove our dead skin at the same time. Think of it as an electronic toothbrush but this one is bigger. The usual way we wash our face may not be able to purge the dirt out of our pores thus making our pores more visible with all the dirt in them.

So i went ahead and bought the Olay because of its price. I wasnt sure if it was going to work wonders and i wasnt prepare to spend a bomb so Olay was THE choice. I bought it for USD24.99 from drugstore.com as it is not available in Singapore. For Clarisonic, the basic model will cost USD119 with alot of colors to choose from. For Olay, its just white.  The Olay Pro X kit comes with a deluxe sample cleanser and 2 AA batteries.


The Olay didnt disappoint me as i can see results almost immediately. But these 2 pictures were taken 2 days apart with more visible proof. The recommended usage is twice a day but i didnt want to irritate my skin so i used it once a day. I also realised that my skincare seem to be absorbed into my skin almost instantly and especially for my Kiehls Midnight Recovery Oil which always seem to leave my face shinny in the morning didnt happen the next day after i used it.


The Olay has 2 speeds but no timer so you have to watch the clock while cleansing your face for a minute. Which is more than sufficient as i have time to cleanse the whole face. First you lather your face with your cleanser, then wet the brush a little, switch it on and start rotating it on your face. You can use it in the shower as it is waterproof but personally i used it before i shower so i can have a good look in the mirror to ensure all areas are being covered. The Olay operates on 2 AA batteries which is convenient, no charging cord to hassle ourselves with.

If you are thinking of getting a manual brush, i have seem a really soft one from Shisedo retailing at SGD$35 i think. That one has good review from the internet. But plssssss..........just dont buy the BodyShop one retailing at below SGD$5. I have one of those and it hurts me like h*ll! And i thought i bought a brush from the manicure range for brushing off debris after the trimming. Its baaaaaad!! Trust me. Left a burning sensation on my face because the brush was terribly stiff.

5 out of 5 for this Olay baby. Love it to death, only wish it is available in Olay Singapore. Tsk tsk tsk...my hubby also loves it, in fact he is head over heel with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment