Sunday 4 November 2012

Primers

I was on a lookout for a good foundation but primer was THE top of the list before foundation. Why? There are alot of primers on the market - to even skin tone, to brighten skin, to make our makeup last longer etc. But a primer is also known to be filling up our pores and lines so our foundation goes on smooth, and you can actually use lesser of your foundation and have a more natural flawless look.

I already had a Laura Mercier foundation primer before i bought the Smashbox photofinish primer. Not that i am not happy with my Laura Mercier but there was a 20% discount and i am dying to try the Smashbox primer, literally dying.....*grin* Both primers have their diehard fans and i really can't make myself walk away from the Smashbox primer when i was at the Sephora 20% discount event. i bought it at SGD$52 after the discount. Well actually to justify my purchase ...there is a difference in them....kekekeke, i bought the Smashbox primer in the oil free version. See.....there is DIFFERENCE.


In case you don't already know - A primer should be applied after your moisturiser and before your foundation. I like my Laura Mercier foundation primer which has vitamin A, C and E in it. For Smashbox Photo Oil Free Finish primer, it has a blend of vitamins A & E, grape seed extract and green tea.  If you want a primer, buy one with added vitamins so it benefits your skin especially when you wear your foundation for a long period. The clear gel is from Smashbox and the another one is from Laura Mercier. Both are colorless once you applied to your face. Smashbox has no fragrance and Laura Mercier has kinda of sunblock smell to it but the smell simply disappeared when it dries.
I applied both primers to my half face and then followed by my Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser compact SPF 20 on both sides.   Both dried very fast and were non sticky. But the Smashbox has a really silky smooth finish, almost like when you use the Laura Mercier mineral finishing powder. The Laura Mercier (LM) primer has a sheen to it but the Smashbox (SM) is naturally matte. Some might like the sheen but personally i dont so i would use my LM powder to tame it down.

I tried my Smashbox primer yesterday for 6 hours and the makeup was still very fresh looking. For the Laura Mercier, the makeup lasted but minus the fresh looking effect.

Smashbox is retailing at SGD$65 for 30ML. Laura Mercier is retailing at SGD54 for 50ML.

5 out of 5 for the Smashbox and 4.8 out of 5 for Laura Mercier. Both are the ultimate gateway to flawless skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment